Monday, July 30, 2007

Vincent Van Jo...sie

My latest & most ambitious...for our good friends the Pallotta's. Horses are fun to paint. Is it just me - or do the colors look AWESUM?
IMG_1715
An earlier horse picture...for my honey the cowboy. This hangs above our bed.
IMG_1493_1
This reminded me of my sister Mary & me.
IMG_1488
And in sorta the same vein...I did this painting of 3 girls for Mary to symbolize her 3 special girls, Justine, Lisa & Jaclyn.
IMG_1485
My Lady in Waiting...with the back of a pro linebacker & plumber's crack! This hangs in the guest room for those who will visit us.
IMG_1482
I think this is the most calming & serene painting I've done. It hangs in the breakast room & keeps me mellow while I cook.
IMG_1481
I had no idea what to paint for my Mom, Angela, but flowers are always a safe bet, right?
IMG_1523
Rick built me some 2'x3' plywood "box" frames early on. They are harder to paint on, but cheap & make a big statement.
IMG_1483
This style of blending colors actually took me longer than anything I've painted. You always want to back over it "one more time." Let's just say, with this - I went back 23 more times.
IMG_1490

No comments: